« Home | please have fun this weekend ... » | rants and raves ... » | oh so tired ... » | ... mondays kill me ... » | TGIF!! » | back in the grind ... » | update ... update ... » | another day ... another ... dollar? » | Mid weekend report ... » | back ... » 

02 July 2006 

wonderings of my mind ...

before you read this I would like you to know that I think of myself as an ordinary person ... an all American guy that has common sense and no better then the next ... good or bad that's how I feel (until I realize that you are an idiot and should just sit down and get out of the way)

saying that I realize that people have started making me mad ... not on purpose but the light is shining on people I work with and its starting to scare me ... I went out with my buddy the other day and we got to talking about our deployment. he made me realize that the other soldiers I am going to deploy with scare me ... they don't understand what they are about to do ... and even more ... they don't care ... simple tasks made difficult and drawn out because they don't do the right thing ... they know what the right thing is ... but they don't do it ... now ... they don't get in trouble or even spoken too but yet ... someone (me) does the right thing, the proper way, and nothing as well ...

now my squad leader has brought to my attention these facts as well, but he gives me words of encouragement to keep up the good job ... but he is leaving in a month ... so I am back to no one recognizing what I am doing ... I don't really care about that ... but I want to catch a waiver down range and I keep getting this feeling that I wont ...

what really ticks me off is that they don't care that they are about to head to Iraq to relieve another soldier so that they get to go home ... they don't care that because of us soldiers get their money and fix pay problems (a paid soldier is a happy soldier) ... btw ... I should have received a c.o.a for my work on our last field exercise ... I got nothing ... not even a good job ...

don't worry ... my efforts will not be compromised and I will continue to be the best soldier I can be ... I just hope that some of these knuckleheads wake up ...

on that note I have found myself wanting to settle down ... not necessarily a wife and kids ... but I want to know who is going to be my wife and whatnot ... I want to move into that phase of my life ... I mean ... I am turning 25 this week ... biological clock is ticking ;)

i think that you might have a bit of time left on your biological clock- i mean you don't have eggs :) i don't know what it means to you if your comrades don't do the right thing- is it a dangerous thing? i mean like they don't follow protocol or clean their gun right? all i can say is you continue to do the right thing to keep yourself SAFE! i know that you are relieving troops who need a break- but it isn't business as usual over there. it is a war zone and dangerous and it is imperative that you keep yourself as safe as you can. so now that my mothering is over- :)- have a great fourth and don't worry about women- things have a way of working out for the best.

I was thinking the same thing that betmo said. Don't worry about settling down, finding a mate, etc. It will all work itself out. Have a great fourth and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

hope that you had a nice fourth of july.

Post a Comment