« Home | almost forgot to mention ... » | thank goodness i'm a computer dork ... » | finally its over ... » | I'm tired .... » | sorry for the absence ... » | gearing up ... » | good, bad, indifferent? » | ugh .... » | back in the lone star state ... » | i really didnt think this would happen ... » 

24 August 2006 

god bless the army medical staff (sarcasm to be noted) ...

so I call the E.N.T. ... They have never heard of me and were very quick to tell me to call my health clinic and hung up on me ... So I call my health clinic and they assured me that they sent the referral but to be on the safe side they would send it again ... So I call back to the E.N.T. ... Not that the lady was any nicer but at least I was in the system ... soooo the earliest date they could give me was mid sept ... That just wasn't going to cut it ... Needless to say my det sgt didn't get too much further than I had ... Apparently there are two E.N.T. Doctors on this entire base ... They take care of all the active duty soldiers, national guard soldiers that are here, reserve soldiers that are here, all dependents, and all retired soldiers ... I understand that not all of these people are seen or need to see an E.N.T. ... But still TWO DOCTORS!!!! Come on people ... Ridiculous ... Good thing my captain has an in (hopefully, keep your fingers crossed) ... So tomorrow I will let you know if I was able to get something in the works ... Oh almost forgot ... When I do see the ENT ... If I need my tonsils out (I'm sure that's the case) ... There is a three month surgery waiting list ... But if "they are bad enough" I might have a shot at moving up the list ... But I did find out I get two weeks for recovery :p ... Again fingers crossed ... I'll report tomorrow ...

are you anxious to go to iraq because you want to stay with folks you know while you are there? i don't know how this works. wouldn't they just ship you over to your unit after your recovery if your unit already went? or do they put you somewhere else?

Post a Comment